Path Towards a Cure: El Camino 2017
Follow in the footsteps of history as you trek the Camino Francés from Sarria to Santiago
Join the National Breast Cancer Foundation and a group of dedicated and passionate supporters as we tackle one of the world’s most iconic treks, El Camino.
As part of this incredible 10 day adventure, you will discover the wonders of Spain – the bustling metropolis of Madrid, the historic beauty of the Camino de Santiago, and the rolling green backdrop of Galicia. Follow the footsteps of the Romans, the Knights Templar, pilgrims and modern day adventurers to Santiago de Compostela.
Join us as we trek under the Spanish sun, enjoy delicious local cuisine, and help raise money and awareness for life changing breast cancer research!
We have limited spaces available, so get in quick as this trip is sure to fill up fast!
- Dates: 7-16 May 2017
- Travel cost: $2,750 (can be fundraised)
- Travel deposit: $770 (non-refundable)
- Fundraising target: $3,500 per person
- Accommodation: Twin share accommodation in 3 star hotels and guesthouses
- Minimum age: 18 (younger ages considered on application)
- Trek under the warm Spanish sun from Sarria to Santiago, into historic hamlets, beside bubbling rivers and across mountain meadows
- Discover the colour, culture and cuisine of Madrid
- Discover the history of the Cathedral of Santiago, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed site
- Explore historic hamlets and medieval cities, cross bubbling rivers and mountain meadows as you journey along the El Camino
- Help NBCF move towards their goal of zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030