Why Volunteer at NBCF?
Every volunteer brings with them a unique combination of expectations and motivations in sharing their time with the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF). Regardless of the amount of time you are able to dedicate, please know your efforts as a volunteer make a difference in our organisation and in the communities we serve. Here at NBCF, we rely on volunteers to help us achieve our aim of zero deaths by 2030.
Below are some of the benefits to volunteering with NBCF:
- Use existing skills and learn new skills
- Be part of a nationally respected organisation
- Opportunity to make the community in which you live a better place
- Meet new people
- Contribute to a cause that could help a friend or family member affected by breast cancer
Types of Volunteers
As an event volunteer you are out and about in the community and you will come into contact with all sorts of people touched in one way or another by breast cancer. Therefore, you are the National Breast Cancer Foundation ambassador to your community, carrying a powerful message about NBCF and its work into your community. Event volunteers enable the organisation to strengthen existing programs, raise funds and resources and increase public awareness of NBCF.
- Raising funds at special events
- Raising awareness of NBCF and our role in breast cancer research at event functions
- Being the ambassadors of NBCF in the community
In Office Volunteering
As an in office volunteer you will be providing support to the individual business units. You will work with staff to support and develop our programs. Availability of positions depends on current volunteer levels, requirements at NBCF and your skill sets.
- Providing support for the individual business units
- Reviewing functions or developing new projects under the Probono/ Secondment program