Current Volunteer Opportunities
MOTHERS DAY CLASSIC VOLUNTEER
The National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) is looking for volunteers to assist at the Mother’s Day Classic.
Date: Sunday, May 12, 2019
Venues: Sydney [Domain + Parramatta], Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast and Canberra
- Be part of the NBCF cheer squad. Help participants stay motivated and feeling loved.
- ‘Pink up’ runners before the race with hairspray, face paint and temporary pink ribbon tattoos.
- Assist and engage with fundraisers at the Team NBCF marquee.
- Encourage NBCF branded photo opportunities.
EVENT COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER
The Foundation is seeking 5 well-connected individuals to join our newly created Event Committee on a voluntary basis.
We are looking for people with solid commercial acumen, leadership experience, sponsorship and sales and as passion for representing our purpose and mission to key potential supporters and stakeholders.
The committee will be responsible for delivering the Foundation’s Annual Pink Ribbon Breakfast in Sydney (October 2019).
- It is an expectation of each committee member that they are prepared to bring their networks to the table for discussion.
- Identify and assist in the securing of sponsorship, prizes and event tables.
- Review and advise on the event strategy to ensure cases for event support are compelling to new audiences.
Members will need to spend 1 hour a week on such duties. The committee will meet 6-8 times a year depending on progress towards event goals.
Desirable Skills, Qualities and Experience:
A large, well connected address book that you are willing to use
- A passion for breast cancer research and helping others
- Commitment to promoting and gaining support from the community
- Visionary and innovative