London Marathon 2018
Take on the iconic London Marathon for life-changing breast cancer research
The Virgin Money London Marathon is the largest annual fundraising event on the planet – runners have raised over £830 million for good causes since the race began in 1981. Over the past 36 years, London Marathon has grown into one of the world’s truly iconic races, offering runners of all levels an inspiring fitness challenge. In 2018 the National Breast Cancer Foundation are looking for six passionate fundraisers to take on this incredible challenge for breast cancer research. As well as raising funds for NBCF, you’ll also be raising international awareness. Hundreds of people will see you wearing the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s logo on race day, and everyone who sponsors you will learn more about NBCF and why funding life changing breast cancer research is so important.
- Date: Sunday 22 April 2018
- Distance: 42km
- Location: London, England
- Fundraising goal: $12,500 per person
How it works
- The London Marathon is such a popular event that entries are now allocated through a ballot system.
- However, even if would-be marathon runners aren’t lucky enough to get in through this ballot, you can still secure entry by fundraising for NBCF!
- You will have a dedicated fundraising coordinator from NBCF to assist you in developing a fundraising plan to meet your goal.
- You will have an online page to share with family and friends, and any funds they donate will come straight through to NBCF and count toward your $12,500 goal.
- In the lead up to the big day we will send you a Team NBCF pink race pack to wear on the day with pride.
Our London team is currently FULL, however we are accepting waiting list applicants.
To apply for a place on our waiting list, get in touch with our Sports Fundraising team today on the details below and let us know why you want to fundraise for NBCF and how you would meet your $12,500 goal.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (02) 8098 4811
- The iconic course starts in Greenwich Park and passes world-famous London landmarks, including Big Ben, Westminster, and Parliament Square, finishing up at Buckingham Palace.
- It’s a race open to a wide range of ages and ability levels, with everyone from famous world and Olympic champions through to grown men in 12ft high dinosaur costumes taking part and adding to the carnival atmosphere
- For many people, running a marathon is a lifetime ambition with months of hard training going into an immense 26.2-mile race. Offering wonderful scenery, supportive crowds and even the possibility of appearing on national television, the Virgin Money London Marathon boasts the best possible backdrop to an inspiring and life-affirming event that will stay with runners forever.
- Know that with every step you take on the course, you have helped NBCF take another step toward our goal of zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030.