Pink Ribbon Breakfast
This October, come together with friends, family or colleagues to raise funds for game changing breast cancer research.
You have returned to the top of the page.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and an important time for NBCF to highlight why research in this area is so crucial. Breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia, with 8 people losing their lives to the disease every day.
The only way to stop deaths from breast cancer is by funding research to improve our understanding of how breast cancer originates, grows and spreads so that we can stop it in its tracks. Join us in our mission to end deaths from breast cancer by 2030.
Breast Cancer Awareness Month (BCAM) takes place every October. The aim of the BCAM is to shine a light on the devastating impact breast cancer has on thousands of Australians each day.
Almost 20,000 Australians will be diagnosed with the disease this year alone.
That equates to 55 Australians every day.
And nearly 3000 Australians will lose their lives to breast cancer this year. That’s someone’s mother, sister, friend or family member whose life has been tragically cut short because of the disease.
Although the five-year survival rate has increased from 76% to 91% since 1994 thanks to research, there is still progress to be made to stop deaths from breast cancer. By targeting the remaining 9% who don’t live past this survival rate, NBCF’s goal is to reach zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030.
We rely entirely on generous donations from the Australian community to fund leading breast cancer researchers. Through these funds, we are able to invest in world-class research in prevention, detection, new and improved treatment and quality of life to ultimately stop deaths from breast cancer.
We're here to change the stats. Our mission: zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030.
Early detection of breast cancer gives the best possible chance of survival.
We have all the fundraising tips and tools to make your fundraising event a success.
This Breast Cancer Awareness Month, NBCF are shining a light on the final 9% of Australian women with breast cancer yet to reach the five-year survival mark.
Our mission of Zero Deaths from breast cancer by 2030 hopes to see the 91% survival rate reach 100% by funding world-class research including projects targeting treatment resistant breast cancer, metastatic and triple negative breast cancer.
NBCF has teamed up with iconic landmarks across the country to light up pink throughout breast cancer awareness month. Some landmarks going pink for October, include:
Bolte Bridge, Melbourne
Federation Square, Melbourne
Melbourne Town Hall, Melbourne
Viterra Silos, South Australia
Marina Mirage Sails, Gold Coast
Sir Leo Hirschler Bridge, Brisbane
M4 Tunnel, Sydney
Crowne Hotel, Perth
Bell Tower, Perth
Optus Stadium, Perth