Purchase ‘Pink’ this Mother’s Day and help stop deaths from breast cancerApril 12th, 2018
Top fashion and beauty brands support goal of zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030
Leading beauty and fashion brands are uniting to support the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s (NBCF) goal to work towards zero deaths from breast cancer by 2030 ahead of Mother’s Day on 13 May, 2018.
Brands will donate proceeds from the sale of special ‘pink’ products this season to help fund world-class research in Australia that will improve the prevention, early diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer.
Breast cancer is currently the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia. Incidence is at an all-time high, and increasing. In 2018 it is estimated that 50 women will be diagnosed each day from breast cancer[i]. Thanks to research, survival rates for the disease are the highest they’ve ever been. However, eight women are still dying every day in Australia; mothers, daughters and sistersii.
By purchasing one of the National Breast Cancer Foundation’s special edition pink products for Mums this Mother’s Day, Australians can help fund much needed breast cancer research that will improve the quality of life of those affected by breast cancer and, ultimately, save lives.
NBCF’s pink products are available now and include:
- Clinique: Great Skin, Great Cause – Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+ 200ml Jumbo with Key Chain RRP: $75 with $10 donated to NBCF per sale. Distribution: Myer, David Jones and Clinique.com.au
- Estée Lauder: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II with Pink Ribbon Pin 50ml RRP: $145 with $30 donated to NBCF per sale. Distribution: Available at MYER, David Jones and esteelauder.com.au
- BOBBI BROWN Bobbi Brown art duo Stick –RRP $80; with 20% donated to NBCF per sale. Available at Bobbi Brown bobbibrown.com.au
- AVEDA Limited-Edition Aveda Hand Relief™ with Shampure™ aroma. RRP: $44.95 with $4 donated to NBCF per sale. Available at Aveda Experience Centre retail stores, com.au
- 4 Ingredients Cook 4 A Cure Cookbook from author Kim McCosker-RRP $24.99/ $4 from every sale is donated to NBCF. Available at Apple Store and com.au
- ME Bank Pink Debit Card. $.01 donated to NBCF per transaction /URL: com.au/pink
- Bella Bodies – Bella Bamboo Pink Bra – $24.99. Bella Bodies designs intimates for every body type. Available at com.au
- Zaazee – Active wear from the “Get Your Pink On” range. ZAAZEE “Erin” vest in pink/ RRP: $74.99 and ZAAZEE “Amelia” Cropped hoodie / RRP $84.99 / Available exclusively online at com.au/collections/get-your-pink-on
NBCF Chief Executive Officer Professor Sarah Hosking thanked the companies for their ongoing support of breast cancer research.
“Year after year our generous corporate partners have pledged their support for breast cancer research through their special edition pink ranges. This has raised millions of dollars for innovative research focused on prevention, early diagnosis and better treatments, whilst also ensuring the women and men affected live longer and better lives,” said Professor Hosking.
“NBCF is working towards a goal of zero deaths by 2030. Research has come so far in reducing deaths from breast cancer but, ultimately, we want to stop deaths altogether.
Every dollar raised through donations and corporate support helps NBCF move one step closer to this goal and make it a better tomorrow for those affected.”
For more information on 2018 pink products visit https://nbcf.org.au/partners/pink-products/