The National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) will be the 2023 charity partner for the upcoming Women in STEMM Leadership Summit.
This 2-day conference will be filled with plenary and interactive sessions to showcase the inspiring success stories and achievements of diverse female leaders in STEMM related fields. The purpose of the event is to develop the skills of future female leaders to ensure they remain engaged in the workforce and progress into senior leadership positions.
- Talent Pipeline: Engage, empower and retain high-performing talent to strengthen your leadership pipeline
- Inclusive Culture: Foster a more inclusive, safe and collaborative workplace culture to enable more diversity in senior leadership
- Positive Role Modelling: Become a more confident leader to inspire, mentor and lead the change in a male-dominated field
Our CEO, Associate Professor Cleola Anderiesz will be taking part in the CEO Panel discussion on the second day of the conference. The Head of Research Investment, Samantha Oakes will also be taking to the stage to showcase the incredible work of NBCF, and the give an update on the current NBCF funded research projects.
Just a taste of the inspiring speakers include:
- Lisa Harvey Smith, Australian Government Women in STEM Ambassador and Professor, UNSW (Virtual)
- William Cox, Chief Executive Officer, Aurecon
- Dr Ruwangi Fernando, Founder and Director, STEM Sisters; Co-Founder, iSTEM Co.
- Jane MacMaster, Chief Engineer, Engineers Australia
- Simon Bush, Chief Executive Officer, AIIA
- Dr Kathie McGregor, Research Director, Advanced Material and Processing, Manufacturing, CSIRO
The summit is designed to develop the leadership capabilities of emerging and established female leaders to ensure they have the skills to pursue and remain engaged in male-dominated fields. The summit will also delve into ways to promote the diverse and unique career pathways of women in STEMM , and will provide networking opportunities for female leaders to connect and build informal mentoring or peer relationships
Interested? Register HERE