- May 3rd, 2017We’ve all heard that cancer is a disease of the genes and decades of research has resulted in a whole field of exploration and progress in this area – genetic testing, whole genome sequencing, genomics – all geared toward helping us understand why genes mutate and become cancerous. NBCF funds many breast cancer research projects ... Read more
- April 19th, 2017Do you know how long breast cancer cells can stay dormant in the body before becoming metastatic? That was one of the questions NBCF asked Australians, to gauge how much is understood about the metastatic stage of breast cancer. Metastatic breast cancer is the main cause of death for women and men with the disease and ... Read more
- March 19th, 2017Covering the areas of prevention, detection, treatment and support, the National Breast Cancer Foundation has invested $12 million into over 30 new breast cancer research projects. These projects each have the potential to make a life-changing difference to those affected by breast cancer and will help achieve NBCF’s goal of zero death from breast cancer by ... Read more
- May 25th, 2017Exercise is important for good health and plays an important role in preventing many diseases, but how just much of a difference can it make? Two recent studies have provided solid data on the impact that exercise – something we don’t do enough of as a nation – has on breast cancer prevention, treatment and ... Read more
- May 9th, 2017We know alcohol isn’t healthy for lots of reasons, and new research shows we may need to add another reason to that list. Alcohol is known to be a risk factor for breast cancer, which affects one in eight Australians and is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Australia. Now researchers have found that less ... Read more
- May 1st, 2017Breast cancer research discoveries announced in April covered a wide range of topics – all of which give hope for a happier, healthier future. The latest update includes research into the rare type of breast cancer called inflammatory breast cancer, better understanding of treatment resistance, a new NBCF campaign on metastatic breast cancer and a ... Read more
- May 29th, 2017The third itravel NBCF Golf Day was held on Thursday 20th April 2017 at the Boonie Doon Golf Club and was another great success! The event was first held in 2015 and has since become the must-attend golf event in the travel industry, which attracts all golf lovers from young & old, to male & ... Read more
- May 24th, 2017Mark always had scar tissue behind his right nipple but one day, five years ago, he was working up a ladder at home and felt soreness as that area pressed against the guttering. “The scar was from a childhood injury, so when I felt a lump developing on the side of my right nipple I ... Read more
- May 18th, 2017Louis got involved with Real Men Wear Pink after his wife Samantha was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 42. “The first few weeks after Samantha’s diagnosis were a real whirlwind of emotion for our small family and there was also so much information to absorb,” said Mr Proctor. “We had to ... Read more
- July 31st, 2016Since her interest in science at school in India, Dr Chandrika Deshpande’s passion has grown into a career that helps people live longer healthier lives. Today she conducts research at the Centenary Institute in Sydney, and with funding from NBCF she’s looking into the complexities of chemotherapy resistance in the treatment of breast cancer. She ... Read more
- February 4th, 2016Professor Kirill Alexandrov, an NBCF-funded researcher at The University of Queensland, approaches breast cancer research from a biotechnology perspective – looking at how technology can help us better understand our bodies and detect abnormalities in simple yet effective ways. Professor Alexandrov’s team at UQ’s Institute for Molecular Bioscience and Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology ... Read more
- February 4th, 2016Dr Adrian Wiegmans is a NBCF-funded researcher working at QIMR Berghofer in Queensland. Dr Wiegmans and his team are looking at designing new small molecule drugs to help treat metastatic breast cancer by targeting a particular gene that is over expressed in metastatic forms of breast cancer. In this video, Adrian talks about his research, ... Read more
- December 7th, 2016Brother Australia has been a corporate partner of the National Breast Cancer Foundation (NBCF) since 2014, and in 2016 alone they have raised over $100,000 for life-changing research. This Christmas, they have a fun Sewmate quiz so that you too can find your perfect partner and be in with the chance to win some fantastic prizes.
- November 9th, 2016A partner since 2005, homewares company Sheldon & Hammond, is celebrating more than a decade of fruitful partnership with NBCF. During this time Sheldon & Hammond has raised over $800,000 for vital breast cancer research and continues to donate funds to NBCF from their range of Scanpan, Cuisinart and associated products. Throughout the partnership Sheldon ... Read more
- November 9th, 2016Strong and committed corporate partnerships have played a critical fundraising role this year contributing over $3.7 million to help fund life-changing breast cancer research. Nationally and regionally, NBCF’s partners in the corporate community provide much needed support through pro bono services, pink products, workplace giving, employee fundraising initiatives and corporate donations. Since 2003, Professionals Real ... Read more
5junAll DayBreast Cancer Purse Rafflehttps://nbcf-hostyourown.gofundraise.com.au/page/ZoeyGoon(All Day: monday) 17 Station St, Officer VIC 3809 Wig SistersEvent Organized By: Zoey Sheree Goon
Lombard have a range of pink ribbon products to cater for all your event needs. 20% from the sale of each item will be donated to NBCF. For more information please visi ...
Limited edition ghd platinum® electric pink styler and roll bag Our no compromise styler with ghd’s patented tri-zone® technology in limited edition electric pink. ...
The Mercer + Reid ‘Tea Rose’ Home Fragrance Range is our signature pink product, with all net proceeds donated directly to the NBCF. This beautiful candle and diff ...