While strides have been made in our industry to advance gender equity, stubborn workplace barriers and entrenched attitudes continue to adversely affect the participation and professional development of women in the fields of science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine (STEMM).
Supporting women in STEMM is vitally important to helping us achieve our vison of Zero Deaths from breast cancer. We are extremely proud that 50% of NBCF-funded researchers are women. The funding we provide has meant many female scientists have been able to forge a career in science and make remarkable progress in breast cancer research.
In March the Women Leaders Institute will be hosting the 2024 Women in STEMM Leadership Summit. NBCF is honoured to be returning for the consecutive year as the charity partner.
Last year’s Summit was an incredibly empowering and inspiring gathering filled with valuable insights from visionary leaders who are working towards a more equitable and diverse future for all.
This year is shaping up to be another fantastic opportunity to connect, collaborate and hear from a strong line up of trailblazing speakers who are Empowering Change to Break the Bias.
Our CEO, Associate Professor Cleola Anderiesz will be taking part in the CEO panel discussion on the second day of the conference to discuss the topic: Empowering Leaders to Champion Change and Challenge Gender Double Standards in STEMM.
The 2024 Summit hosts a distinguished lineup of speakers including:
- Rae Johnston, Award Winning STEMM Journalist
- Lisa Harvey-Smith, Australian Government Women in STEMM Ambassador
- Hichame Assi, Chief Executive Officer, Envato
- Jackie Fairley, Chief Executive Officer, Starpharma
- Jeff Dimery, Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, Alinta Energy
- Katrina Troughton, Vice President and Managing Director, Adobe
- Ally Watson, Founder & CEO, Code Like a Girl, Non-Executive Director, Telstra Foundation
- Dr Ruwangi Fernando, Founder/Director, STEMM Sisters, Co-Founder, iSTEMM Co.
- Championing an inclusive culture and empowering the next generation through mentorship
- Leading effectively in a VUCA environment and navigating the biases and challenges in STEMM
- Strengthening self-advocacy and building a network of mentors, allies, and advocates to advance in a male-dominated industry
The Summit is being held at Q Events Melbourne on March 13-14, 2024.
Tickets for the Summit are available now. As a partner, NBCF will receive 10% from of all ticket sales, supporting the continued funding of exceptional research across Australia to bring us closer to our vision of Zero Deaths from breast cancer.
Register online: https://stemm.womenleadersummit.com/